Breakfast Forum Confronts Shortages in Healthcare Work Force
Oregon Health Forum takes a serious look at the work force shortages facing the healthcare industry hosting a panel of legislators, hospital leaders and academicians on Thursday, March 22.
The event gets underway with a breakfast buffet at 7 a.m . followed by a panel discussion that wraps up at 9 a.m. at the Multnomah Athletic Club, 1849 SW Salmon in Portland. A free parking lot is adjacent.
Are legislators willing to invest resources to recruit new professionals and retain the state's current providers? Is a team-based approach to delivering medicine the way to go? What role should academic institutions play? How does industry fit in? And is enough attention being focused on under-served populations in both urban and rural settings?
- Ann Barr-Gillespie, PhD, DPT, Vice Provost and Executive Dean, Pacific University for the College of Health Professions
- Jana Britton, MPA, Executive Director, Oregon Center for Nursing
- Lesley Ogden, MD, FACEP, CEO, Samaritan North Lincoln Hospital
- Sen. Elizabeth Steiner Hayward, MD (D-District 17)
- Robert Duehmig, Deputy Director, Oregon Office of Rural Health, OHSU, will moderate.
If you're interested in sponsorship opportunities, please contact Diane Lund-Muzikant at email@example.com.