PacificSource Foundation Commits $240,529 in Grant Support to Regional Nonprofits
(Springfield, Ore.) Feb. 26, 2018— The PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement recently committed $240,529 in grant support to eight nonprofit organizations based in Oregon and Montana. The grant funding will span from one to two years. The Foundation awarded a total of $631,000 to 23 regional nonprofits in 2017.
The following nonprofits will receive grant funding from the PacificSource Foundation:
- Kemple Memorial Children’s Dental Clinic – Funding to improve access to dental care for children and young adults. One-year grant of $20,000.
- Central Point School District #6 – Funding to build a school-based health center. Two-year grant totaling $45,000.
- Bethel Health Center – Funding to support mental health program. Two-year grant totaling $50,000.
- Northwest Catholic Counseling Center – Funding to support mental health care for lower-income, older women. Two-year grant totaling $25,000.
- Returning Veterans Project – Funding to support service expansion project. One-year grant of $7000.
- Farmers Market Fund – Funding to support Double Up Food Bucks program. Two-year grant totaling $20,000.
- High Desert Food & Farm Alliance – Funding to support Veggie Rx pilot study. One-year grant of $58,529.
- Planned Parenthood of Montana – Funding to support Teach the Teachers program. One-year grant of $15,000
The Foundation also endorsed the expenditure of $173,000 for the continuation of several previously established multi-year grants and partnerships.
About PacificSource Foundation for Health Improvement
Founded in 1992, the PacficSource Foundation for Health Improvement is an expression of our commitment to our communities. Its mission is to improve community health through the touchstones of better health, better care, and lower healthcare costs. The Foundation’s grants and partnerships focus on improving access to healthcare for vulnerable populations and promoting health excellence via innovative care and community health and wellness programs. For more information, visit http://bit.ly/2yK92qF
About PacificSource Health Plans
PacificSource Health Plans is an independent, regional, not-for-profit community health plan serving the Northwest. Founded in 1933, PacificSource is based in Springfield with local offices throughout Oregon, and in Idaho and Montana. The PacificSource family of companies employs 1000 people, serves more than 300,000 individuals, and has 3,900 employer clients throughout the Northwest. For more information visit PacificSource.com.
Public Relations Manager