Oregon Health Policy Board seeks feedback on coordinated care organizations
The Oregon Health Policy Board (OHPB), a nine-member group appointed by the Governor to oversee health policy at the Oregon Health Authority, will hold a series of community meetings across the state in September and October to gather public input about Oregon’s coordinated care organizations (CCOs) and how they deliver services to Oregon’s most vulnerable citizens.
Oregon’s coordinated care model was created in 2011 as part of Oregon’s ongoing health system transformation. The 16 coordinated care organizations (CCOs) deliver physical, oral and behavioral health services to nearly 90 percent of Oregon’s 1.1 million Medicaid recipients.
As part of the OHPB’s mission to improve and monitor community-centered health initiatives, it will analyze the current model for opportunities to further advance health system transformation and to inform the 2017 Oregon Legislature. OHPB will gather input from consumers, advocates, primary care providers, and other stakeholders, and then develop recommendations to the Legislature for continued system improvements toward the goal of providing Oregonians with better health and better care at a lower cost.
“We’re excited to hear directly from Oregonians who are served by or work with coordinated care organizations,” said Zeke Smith, chair of the Oregon Health Policy Board. “We want to hear ideas about how to better provide access to high-quality, affordable health care for all Oregonians.
Local public meetings will be held at the following locations and times:
- Bend: Thursday, September 1, 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Deschutes National Forest Supervisor’s Office, Aspen Ponderosa conference room, 63095 Deschutes Market Rd.
- Tillamook: Friday, September 9, 4-6:30 p.m., Port of Tillamook Bay Officers’ Mess Hall, 6825 Officers Row
- Medford: Wednesday, September 21, 5:30-8 p.m., Inn at Commons, 200 N Riverside Ave.
- Eugene: Monday, September 26, noon to 2:30 p.m., Unitarian Universalist Church, 1685 W 13th Ave.
- Hermiston: Friday, October 7, noon to 2:30 p.m., Eastern Oregon Trade and Event Center, 1705 E Airport Rd.
- Portland: Tuesday, October 18, 4:30-7 p.m., Ambridge Center Ballroom, 1333 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Please RSVP to [email protected].
More information will be posted on the board’s meeting page at http://www.oregon.gov/oha/OHPB/Pages/cc-future.aspx
For questions about accessibility at the meetings or to request an accommodation, please call 541-999-6983 or write to [email protected]. Requests should be made at least 48 hours before the event. Documents can be provided upon request in an alternate format for individuals with disabilities or in a language other than English for people with limited English skills.