Since Open Enrollment began on Nov. 15, 7.75 million consumers selected a plan or were automatically re-enrolled through the HealthCare.gov platform, including 97,489 in Oregon. This Sunday, Feb. 15, marks the deadline and end of Open Enrollment for the 2015 Health Insurance Marketplaces. It is important for individuals in Oregon who have not yet signed up for coverage to visit Healthcare.gov before the Feb. 15 deadline.
“There are only four days left before the February 15 deadline to sign up for coverage.” HHS Secretary Sylvia M. Burwell said. “97,489 individuals in Oregon have already signed up for coverage. If you don’t have health insurance, visit HealthCare.gov – take a look at the plans and financial help available. You may be surprised to learn that the security that comes with health coverage is within your reach.”
Today’s Weekly Enrollment Snapshot includes people who selected a plan or were automatically re-enrolled within select Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs). This localized data provides another level of detail to better understand total plan selections within local communities ahead of the Feb. 15 deadline. As of Feb. 6 - 45,979 consumers in the Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro, OR-WA (OR portion of MSA only) local area selected or were automatically enrolled in a plan
MSAs are geographic areas designated by the Office of Management and Budget and have populations of at least 50,000. A number of MSAs cross state lines. In the cases where MSAs cross into states using their own enrollment platforms, only data from the portions of a MSA using the HealthCare.gov platform are included.
As we near this week’s deadline on Feb. 15 deadline and end of Open Enrollment, officials from HHS are available for print, radio and television interviews. Satellite TV interviews are also available.
To request an interview with an official from HHS, email [email protected].
Fast Facts about Open Enrollment in Oregon:
- Since Open Enrollment began on Nov. 15, 97,489 Oregon consumers have selected a plan or were automatically re-enrolled.
- As of Jan. 30, 2015, 78 percent of Oregon consumers who selected health insurance plans were determined eligible for an average of $203 per person/month in advanced premium tax credits.
- Nationwide, consumers can choose from an average of 40 health plans in their county for 2015 coverage – up from 30 in 2014.
- Nationwide, 8 out of 10 Marketplace enrollees as of December 2014 could obtain coverage for $100 or less after any applicable tax credits in 2015.
Help is available:
We are working to meet consumers wherever they are, whether that is online, over the phone or in person.
- Online: Information is available at HealthCare.gov or CuidadoDeSalud.gov.
- By Phone: Marketplaces call center representatives are available to help all day, every day at 1-800-318-2596. TTY users should call 1-855-889-4325. Assistance is available in 150 languages. The call is free.
- In person: Consumers can find local help at by visiting: Localhelp.healthcare.gov
About the Health Insurance Marketplaces:
Open Enrollment for the Health Insurance Marketplaces for 2015 began Nov. 15, 2014, and runs through Feb. 15, 2015. Consumers should visit HealthCare.gov to review and compare health plan options and find out if they are eligible for financial assistance, which can help pay monthly premiums and reduce out-of-pocket costs when receiving services.