In Oregon, 90,345 people signed up for coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace
Nearly 7.2 million consumers selected a plan or were automatically re-enrolled in the Federally Facilitated Marketplace as of Jan. 16, 2015, including 90,345 in Oregon.
“With just four weeks before the February 15 deadline and the end of Open Enrollment, 90,345 Oregon consumers are counting on the Marketplace for affordable health coverage,” HHS Secretary Sylvia Burwell said. “Last week, just before the deadline for February 1 coverage, approximately 84,360 people in Oregon selected a plan that worked for their family. Time is running out. If you don’t have health coverage, visit HealthCare.gov or contact the Marketplace call center to learn about your options and the financial help that is available.”
As we near the Feb. 15 deadline and end of Open Enrollment, officials from HHS are available for print, radio and television interviews. Satellite TV interviews are also available.
To request an interview with an official from HHS, email [email protected].
Fast Facts about Open Enrollment:
- Since Open Enrollment began on Nov. 15, 90,345 Oregon consumers have selected a plan or were automatically re-enrolled in the Federally Facilitated Marketplace.
- In the first month of Open Enrollment, 79 percent of Oregon consumers who selected health insurance plans were determined eligible for financial assistance to lower their monthly premiums.
- Nationwide, consumers can choose from an average of 40 health plans in their county for 2015 coverage – up from 30 in 2014.
- Nationwide, 8 out of 10 Marketplace enrollees as of December 2014 could obtain coverage for $100 or less after any applicable tax credits in 2015.
Help is available:
We’re working to meet consumers where they are, whether that’s online, over the phone or in person.
- Online: Information is available at HealthCare.gov or CuidadoDeSalud.gov.
- By Phone: Marketplace call center representatives are available to help all day, every day at1-800-318-2596. TTY users should call 1-855-889-4325. Assistance is available in 150 languages. The call is free.
- In person: Consumers can find local help at by visiting: Localhelp.healthcare.gov
About the Health Insurance Marketplace:
Open Enrollment for the Health Insurance Marketplace for 2015 began Nov. 15, 2014, and runs through Feb. 15, 2015. Consumers should visit HealthCare.gov to review and compare health plan options and find out if they are eligible for financial assistance, which can help pay monthly premiums and reduce out-of-pocket costs when receiving services.
- To sign up for individual and family coverage, visit: https://www.healthcare.gov/apply-and-enroll/
- For more information about Health Insurance Marketplaces, visit: www.healthcare.gov/marketplace
Like HHS on Facebook, follow HHS on Twitter @HHSgov, and sign up for HHS Email Updates
Follow HHS Secretary Sylvia Burwell on Twitter @SecBurwell