Directs, controls and is accountable for Quality within their assigned facility or community; including PeaceHealth Medical Group. Develop long and short-term business strategies, operational plans and oversees implementation. Manage the design, structure, development and planning issues within scope of direction. Responsible for quality, service and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility. In partnership with the facility CMO and System Quality VP, lead the Community quality agenda to reach top decile performance and outcomes ensuring community alignment with system goals.
- In partnership with System Quality Vice President, leads the community inpatient and outpatient quality improvement initiatives to insure high clinical outcomes, improved patient safety, regulatory compliance and enhanced patient experience. Lead clinical quality improvement in collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer, Community Quality Committees, Medical Staff leaders, Clinical Operations, and frontline staff.
- Serve as chair for Quality Management Committee and supports other quality committees provide consultation to clinical quality improvement teams. Responsible to allocate Network/Community quality, safety and process improvement resources to achieve goals.
- Responsible for implementation of PeaceHealth Quality Plan Supports System CNO & CMO and community senior leaders, in preparing ongoing performance reports to the Community Quality Committee(s) and Board.
- Lead and supports managers, physician leaders, departments and staff to transform healthcare delivery to ensure patient engagement in providing care that is safe, efficient, effective, timely, and equitable. Responsible to lead clinical teams to achieve highest quality outcomes.
- Coordinate organizational strategies to enhance the alignment and implementation for optimum performance and patient outcomes; with a focus on the continuum of care delivery services.
- Partner with Process Improvement team to assure lean approach, with standard improvement methodologies and tools. Facilitation of root cause analysis, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis and occurrence reporting management.
- Partner with medical staff leaders to align performance indicators to support peer review, physician performance expectations, and outcomes studies.
- Quality Directors have direct reporting relationship with System VP Quality and a matrix reporting relationship to the local CMO. Quality Directors work closely with the System Directors in managing staff in Process Improvement & Redesign, Clinical Quality Improvement, Patient Safety, and Infection Prevention.
If you have the required skills shown above and passion for working in a mission driven organization this could be the perfect role for you!
Apply online to: jobs.peacehealth.org and search Job ID #159210. You may email [email protected] for questions related to the position (this email does not accept applications or resumes)