We are looking to add a new Program and Advocacy Coordinator to our team. We'd love to talk with you if you have experience building and growing youth-adult partnerships, have a passion for positive youth and community-led development and are serious about putting diversity, equity and inclusion into practice. As an organization dedicated to supporting the health of youth across Oregon, we are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We'd love to hear from you if you think you might be a fit.
What you will do:
Build and cultivate relationships with other youth-serving programs across Oregon, and maintain and support a model for diverse representation in OSBHA’s work with young people.
Design, coordinate and host trainings with school health youth action councils.
Lead youth engagement in OSBHA projects and work closely with the Program Manager to implement contracted statewide youth engagement projects.
Support managers and directors in developing and planning project structure, providing high-level support for meetings (drafting agendas, scheduling and attending meetings, and documenting and synthesizing complex conversations and concepts).
Collaborate with staff and youth to prepare for large youth-led events like School Health Advocacy Day at the Capitol.
What you are great at:
- You love a deadline and delight in the details and logistics of pulling programs together.
- You know how to drive and prioritize your work.
- You love putting positive youth development strategies into practice.
- You are passionate about community organizing with youth from communities of color, including immigrant and refugee communities, other marginalized communities as well as rural, urban and frontier communities.
- You understand that diversity, equity and inclusion are more than just buzz words. You know how to make sure programs reflect and operate with these values.
- You communicate clearly. You write well and enjoy speaking publicly. You can explain things clearly to just about anyone, in person, over the phone or by email.
- You are motivated and driven. You look for new challenges without waiting to be asked and you take ownership of your time to make a big impact.
- You enjoy working solo as well as with team members and community partners.
- You are up on the latest trends in youth communication and social media
- You are excited about wearing many hats, learning about lots of program areas and growing professionally
- A chance to work with a small, dynamic and passionate team
- Flexible schedule
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Medical and dental insurance with no premium for employees
- We’ll match your retirement savings up to 3% of your pay
- Flexible spending account
OSBHA recognizes the value of a diverse workforce and believes a diverse work environment empowers our community. We strongly encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the Coordinator is regularly required to talk or hear, stand and walk. The Coordinator is frequently required to sit. The Coordinator must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply: please send cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply by May 30 and use the subject line "Program and Advocacy Coordinator Position." We are looking to hire as soon as possible.