|Date posted:||April 27, 2023|
$154,000 - $170,000 (plus potential for an annual performance bonus)
WHO WE ARE:
A wholly owned subsidiary of the Oregon Primary Care Association (OPCA), the membership organization serving Oregon’s 34 Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) and look-alikes, the Network’s mission is to improve the quality of contracts with healthcare payers, expand and improve clinical services, and support ongoing development of comprehensive, quality healthcare services, particularly for low-income, Medicaid, uninsured, and underserved patients.
OPCA and the Network celebrate both individual contributions and powerful teamwork. We thrive on innovation and collaboration. We support one another as healthy human beings who balance work with the rest of life. Our goal is to elevate and make space for candidates of color and other diverse communities in our hiring practices. Join our team as we lead the community health center movement with passion, vision, and courage.
WHO YOU ARE:
A healthcare leader with extensive knowledge and understanding of the field of primary care and the policy, finance, and economic issues confronting provision of access to primary health care services. Your ability to think strategically and deliver technically allows you to combine an understanding of high level organizational and team goals with an impeccable attention to detail in your daily work. As a collaborative relationship builder, you work closely with your team and other thought partners to advance the Network’s mission of quality healthcare services for under-served patient populations.
Successful candidates will commit to an equitable and inclusive workplace, including but not limited to: racial equity, accessibility for individuals with disabilities, use of gender inclusive language, and cultural sensitivity.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Knowledge of safety net clinics, how they operate, and challenges they face in the current environment.
- Knowledge of health plan management needs and goals. Understands and articulates the variety of ways FQHC’s create value for health plans and assist them to achieve their business interests.
- Knowledge of federal and state legislative, health policy, and regulatory processes.
- A drive for results amid complexity.
- Political savvy, maneuvering through complex political situations effectively and quietly, is sensitive to how people and organizations function, anticipates where the land mines are and plans their approach accordingly.
- Conflict management skills, seeing conflicts as opportunities, reads situations quickly, good at focused listening, can settle disputes equitably and feel stronger as a result.
- Cool under pressure and does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough, can be counted on to hold things together under stress and isn’t knocked off balance by the unexpected, comfortable with ambiguity
- Recognize complex connections in situations and can identify the key or underlying issues.
- Skilled negotiator.
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions that benefit the organization and the Network participants based on identification of key or underlying issues.
- Demonstrate strong positive image of self and own skills, capabilities and judgment while maintaining humility and a learner’s mindset.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with Board members, staff, payors, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively support strategic planning and implementation in a network environment.
- Ability to be successful in working with a diverse Board.
- Demonstrated ability to work for and with low-income populations.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well in a professional and fun team environment, including respect for different styles and personalities, enthusiasm for collaboration, communication, and celebration.
- An ability to work with people who think, act, look, and/or live in a manner different from oneself.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AT THE NETWORK:
- Work closely with Network Board of Managers (BOM) on the development of the strategic plan, and planning and reporting tools, and is accountable for the implementation and communication of progress toward strategic priorities.
- Drive the clinically integrated network (CIN) vision and cultivate, develop and foster strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Lead development and implementation of the Network’s business plan and all strategies and tactics for achieving its goals and objectives.
- Work closely with OPCA’s Executive Director to ensure the value, goals, and objectives of the Network and OPCA are defined, communicated, and recognized by partners and key stakeholders, and progress is made towards strategic priorities, and opportunities for influence and impact.
- Lead the development, in collaboration with OPCA’s Finance lead, Executive Director, and the Network Finance and Operations Committee, and have oversight accountability for the Network operating budget.
- Oversee the administration of all Network programs and services in accordance with all regulatory requirements.
- Remove roadblocks and develop the structures, systems and processes required to support clinical excellence, performance management and managed care contracting.
- Represent the Network in public forums and building local relationships, including with business coalitions and other community organizations.
- Engage in a productive working relationship with and receive strategic guidance from the BOM, and leverage BOM and Committee member skills and expertise to achieve Network goals and objectives.
- Develop and solidify relationships with all payers and FQHC staff including establishing regular meetings with payers to review and resolve any operational or payment issues and being visible and accessible to both FQHC and payer staff.
- Work closely with BOM and Committees to monitor utilization and costs of health care services, improvement and overall quality of care, and overall compliance and performance against Network contracts with payers.
- Serve as a primary liaison with payers and others contracting with the Network to support the payer contracting goals of the Network. This includes monitoring and managing the Network’s provider relations requirements for each payer and coordinating with the Board and relevant committees on these requirements.
- IPA/CCO/MCO/ACO Operations experience strongly recommended.
- Experience with Oregon’s unique Medicaid CCO structure and regional interests.
- Experience with payer relations/contracting.
- Managed Care Network or Provider Relations experience is a plus.
- Experience in an Integrated Healthcare Delivery System.
- Extensive knowledge of ambulatory regulatory compliance relating to both state and federal healthcare guidelines and requirements.
- Master's degree in business administration or health administration or another related field strongly preferred.
- 3-tier medical health plan
- PPO dental coverage
- 4% 401k Employer contribution
- Excellent time off benefits
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 5+ years of network management experience or payer relations/contracting experience, preferably in a managed care setting.
- Must have knowledge of Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), Medicaid Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), or Coordinated Care Organizations (CCOs) and FQHCs.
- Strong skills developing and implementing operating plans and analyzing both financial and quality data.
- In-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry.
- Strong and effective oral, written and conflict management communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage provider relations.
- Ability to manage complex functions and activities and deal with highly sensitive and confidential matters.
- Ability to engage multiple constituencies with dignity and respect.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
Required Education and / or Certifications:
Undergraduate degree required from an accredited college or university.
623 SW Oak Street
Portland , OR 97205
|Application website:||View Website|