At the Oregon Health Forum, we lead discussions that impact Oregonians’ everyday lives — and we are looking for a Director to help make it all happen. The Health Forum is a nonprofit entity devoted to educating the public and advancing health policy through discussion and debate. It hosts in-person and virtual events that convene health care executives, consumers, clinicians, activists, legislators, government officials, and leaders of community and social service organizations from Oregon, Washington and beyond. Discussion topics range from physical and mental health care to health care financing, education, housing, and policy issues. OHF is an affiliate of The Lund Report, Oregon’s only independent news source dedicated to public-service health care journalism. The two organizations operate as separate divisions under a single board of directors but collaborate.
The OHF Director spearheads the planning, development and execution of the program’s events as well as larger organizational goals. The Director must track health care developments and policy debate while looking for opportunities to increase public awareness and elevate its discourse through virtual, hybrid and in-person programs. The director will recruit speakers, engage with sponsors and oversee event promotion. The OHF Director reports to the board and works with an advisory committee on event planning, and jointly supervises shared services employees.
The right candidate will have:
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- time-management, interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills
- an ability to work independently, adapt to change and troubleshoot
- experience in all aspects of event management, including promotions, operations and logistics
- proficiency in technology platforms supporting in-person, hybrid and virtual events
- a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in health care and health policy
- expertise in budgeting and financial management
- experience in fundraising to support programs
- previous work in health care or at a nonprofit organization
- partnership development and community outreach
- marketing and project management
- grant writing and reporting
The schedule is somewhat flexible but should approximate typical working hours during the day. The work is remote though Portland-area office space may be made available upon request.
Send a resume and cover letter in PDF format to Diane Lund-Muzikant at [email protected] no later than Tuesday, May 31. Please put “OHF Director” in the subject line. OHF is an equal opportunity employer.
Health insurance coverage is fully paid by the employer. The employee will also receive a monthly stipend for dental coverage and internet, as well as three weeks of paid vacation and six paid holidays.