ScreenWise Program Manager (Principal Executive Manager D)
Close date: 02/18/2022
Salary: $5559 - $8598 monthly
Location: Portland, OR
This is a full-time, permanent, management service, supervisory position which is not represented by a union.
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), Adolescent, Genetic and Reproductive Health (AGRH) Section in Portland, OR is recruiting for a ScreenWise Program Manager to manage the ScreenWise program within the AGRH Section. The ScreenWise program works to reduce cancer burden and health inequities in Oregon through early detection, evidence-based care, risk factor screening, education, linkage to medical treatment, and surveillance.
Most of this work may be conducted remotely at an alternate worksite with full access to the needed operating systems and technology. However, there are times that the work will need to be conducted at the central work location listed in this announcement, the Portland State Office Building located at 800 NE Oregon Street, Portland, OR 97232. Work location can be changed at any time at the discretion of the hiring manager.
What will you do?
As the ScreenWise Program Manager, you will provide leadership and perform overall management of the ScreenWise program and staff.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Directing the development and implementation of program and OHA policies and carrying ultimate responsibility for statewide program success.
- Managing federal grant deliverables, reporting, and budgeting requirements.
- Working within complex healthcare delivery systems and collaborating with community partners to assure quality patient care and program service delivery for marginalized and underserved populations.
- Lead staff and stakeholders through organizational change and workforce modernization with a people-centered, anti-racist, and trauma-informed approach.
- Developing and supervising a highly collaborative and high-functioning multidisciplinary team of public health professionals and maintaining a positive, supportive, and effective work environment.
- Please email [email protected] for the full position description.
What's in it for you?
The public health division is a team of passionate individuals working to promote health across the lifespan of individuals, families, and communities. We value and support unique perspectives using a trauma-informed approach and aim to reflect these values in our hiring practices, professional development, and workplace. We are committed to racial equity as a driving factor to improve health outcomes for all communities that experience inequities.
We offer full medical, vision and dental benefits with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and 10 paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you are an experienced public health program manager, apply today.
Medical, Vision, Dental, Retirement and Pension Plans, Paid Sick Leave, Vacation
What are we looking for?
Six years of management/supervision, staff-technical, or professional-level work related to healthcare, public health, government, or community/non-profit work.
Two years of this experience must include leadership and/or supervision and management of one or more programs, projects, teams, sections, or units and one or more of the following**:
a) development of program rules and policies,
b) development of long- and short-term goals and plans,
c) program/project evaluation, and
d) monitoring and controlling or preparing budgets.
**In the "Work History" section on your application, you must clearly describe your experience in each of the a), b), c), d) areas listed. Failure to provide this information may result in eliminating your application from further consideration.
NOTE: A Bachelor's degree or equivalent course work (144 quarter or 96 semester hours) in a field related to management, such as Business or Public Administration, or a field related to the program of the employing agency, may be substituted for three years of the required experience, but will not substitute for the two years of specialized experience
For more information see State of Oregon Classification and Compensation Job Profile: Principal Executive/Manager D (7006)
- Management and/or leadership style and experience rooted in people-centered and trauma-informed practices.
- Experience leading remote/virtual or hybrid employees, teams, and/or projects.
- Experience navigating systems that require input from many stakeholders, including ability to build and maintain relationships with partners from sectors such as: federal, state, and local agencies, sovereign tribal nations; healthcare systems, community organizations and coalitions; and other private and public sector entities.
- Demonstrated experience executing, overseeing performance, and reporting of grants
- Well-versed in leading with and implementing principles and practices of racial justice, health equity, anti-racist approaches, authentic and transformational leadership, or willingness to engage in these critical approaches.
To view the announcement and apply, please visit the following links: