Northwest Human Services is a non-profit leader in providing advocacy, quality healthcare and social services in Marion and Polk counties since 1970. We are currently seeking a Mental Health Counselor to join our team!
YOUR ROLE at NWHS:
As one of our highly qualified Mental Health Counselors, you will provide trauma-informed, compassionate, and professional mental health counseling services to individuals, couples, families, and groups across a broad range of socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds. You will assess the nature and extent of Mental Health challenges and Co-Occurring Disorders, and formulate a plan for service that addresses each individual’s needs.
* Assess the nature and extent of client’s MH and COD presenting problem, formulate a plan for service that addresses Mental Health and COD issues and their impact on client’s interaction, and ensure complete and timely documentation pursuant to OAR 309.019.0140
* Ensure productivity requirements are met by providing mental health treatment to individuals, couples, families, and groups that improve the client’s level of functioning.
* Provide timely and complete on-going assessment, treatment planning and measurable goal setting including annual reviews. Ensure annual reviews are submitted to the LMP pursuant to OAR 309.019.0140.
* Ensure clinical supervision requirements are met pursuant to OAR 833.030.0031
* Keep accurate and timely records and data in accordance with NWHS policy standards.
Northwest Human Services is an innovative FQHC that has been providing care to the local community for over forty-five years. Our medical clinics are Tier V Patient Centered Medical Homes and our West Salem location offers fully integrated primary care, psychiatry, therapy, and dentistry all on the same campus. Our Medical, Dental and Mental Health care teams are committed to the overall wellness of our patients and work together to ensure patient needs are expertly evaluated, and met with compassion and respect. Additionally, our Transitional Programs provide services for those in our community who need it most. At Northwest Human Services, we value customer service, teamwork, wellness and fun. Our team of over 200 employees has an average tenure of over 5 years. Employees are treated to annual holiday celebrations, summertime picnics and many other events recognizing their hard work and dedication to our mission. Our leadership team and Board of Directors support our staff as we continue to grow and expand our programs and community offerings.
If you are interested in joining a team that makes a difference in the lives of many, please apply online at: https://northwesthumanservices.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=215&source=...
Northwest Human Services offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package that includes; Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life: Short Term & Long Term Disability, 403(b) retirement plan with generous employer match and Paid Time Off.
* Successful experience in counseling and supporting individuals experiencing mental health and emotional distress is required
* Must be able to demonstrate proficiency using DSM IV-TR, DSM V, and ICD-10
* A passion for working with underserved adult populations; including homeless clients, clients with dual diagnosis, chronic or persistent mental illness, and trauma is highly preferred
* Experience in an integrated system is preferred
* Experience working for a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) is preferred
* Bilingual, Spanish or ASL preferred
* EHR, specifically NexGen experience is preferred
* Must have a Master’s Degree in the mental health field, including education in Professional Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Clinical Social Work
* Licensed or close to licensure as an LPC, LMFT, or LCSW in the State of Oregon is preferred