* Assists in developing Agency budgets, preparing financial statements, cash-flow forecast and analysis, and conduct and/or oversee financial accounting, reporting and reconciliation activities.
* Assists in preparation, review, and timely submission of regulatory Agency financial reports including Indirect Cost Rate applications, Medicare, Medicaid, OSOW, the HRSA Section 330 grant, and Federal and state tax filings
* Conducts 340B Drug Discount Program monitoring, accounting, and reporting.
* Works with CFO to coordinate the finance department’s role in the annual financial, A-133 and 403b audits and all external audits including site visits and grant reviews.
* Reviews, prepares and submits New Markets Tax Credits monthly draw packages and reporting, including monitoring liens, updating accruals, reconciling bank statements, and preparing financial reports for the related subsidiary organization and Board of Directors.
Northwest Human Services offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life: Short Term & Long Term Disability, 403(b) retirement plan with generous employer match and Paid Time Off.
* Experience using a computerized accounting and payroll system, electronic spreadsheet and data applications
* Experience developing, analyzing, preparing, and maintaining spreadsheets, and financial reporting.
* Experience in designing, monitoring, and testing internal financial controls and associated policies and procedures.
* Demonstrated ability to take the initiative in defining and completing projects independently without direct supervision
* Ability to work well under deadline pressures without sacrificing accuracy or customer service.
* Ability to provide excellent customer service and quality with efficient turnaround times.
* Proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels and partner together to improve internal support models related to processing and support for accounting preparation.
* Ability to handle a diverse, complex portfolio of work in an intensive multi-tasking, regulated environment.
* Solution-focused, strong follow-through, detail-oriented, and adept at overcoming challenges.
*3-5 years in progressively responsible accounting/financial roles is preferred
* Prior supervisory experience preferred, with the ability to apply strong leadership and management skills
* Significant experience in health center and grant accounting/procedures is preferred.
* Experience in managing or working with Federal and State grants is preferred.
* Bachelor's Degree with substantial credits in accounting and/or business management.
* CPA Certification is preferred