* Directly supervises and trains Billing, Coding and Collection staff, advising Billing Manager regarding recommendations for promotion, discipline, and dismissal.
* Participates as an active member of the Billing, Coding and Credentialing team, performing all department functions as needed for backup.
* Insures timeliness and accuracy of agency wide billing processes; advising Billing Manager of areas of concern.
* Prepares, implements, and reviews departmental policies and procedures, updating and revising as needed, while monitoring staff’s conformity to policies and department procedures.
* Manages departmental change to reduce adverse impacts for monthly productivity goals.
Summary of Benefits: Northwest Human Services offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life: Short Term & Long Term Disability, 403(b) retirement plan with generous employer match and Paid Time Off.
* Three to five years' supervisory experience is required.
* Minimum of five years' experience in medical coding, billing, and collections.
* Associates or Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience
* Certified Professional Coder through the AAPC (American Academy of Professional Coders) or a Certified Coding Specialist - Physician Based through AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association) is required.
* Must be bondable.
* Valid Oregon Driver's License and proof of automobile insurance.