The Associate Medical Director provides exceptional, compassionate, and trauma-informed primary medical care to patients across a broad range of socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds. As the Associate Medical Director, you will provide leadership and mentorship to the Clinic Provider staff, including physicians, physician’s assistants and nurse practitioners. Through collaboration with the Medical Director and Clinic Director, you will help to ensure that clinical services are provided appropriately and efficiently. As a key contributor to quality improvement program, you'll have the opportunity to help us design, consistently implement, and update training processes, competency certification systems, and protocols, including the integration of behavioral health services. In that capacity, you will be familiar with the philosophy, goals and objectives of Northwest Human Services and work collaboratively to achieve them.
· Assists the Medical Director with leading the provider group in clinical care areas though supervision, guidance, and mentorship.
· Deliver professional, effective and patient-centered quality medical services to our community and clinic patients and maintain appropriate and up-to-date medical records documentation on all patients in accordance with organizational policy.
· Supports the integration of behavioral health services, directs and/or participates in the development, implementation and monitoring of appropriate standards of care, quality assurance indicators, patient care protocols, and medical records.
· In collaboration with the Medical Director, will work with provider staff to insure implementation and compliance with treatment protocols, quality assurance initiatives, and overall quality patient care practices.
· Collaborates with the Clinic Director, Medical Director, CEO, Clinical Services Manager, Office Manager, in the provision of quality improvement initiatives to ensure performance improvement goals are met.
Northwest Human Services offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package to staff that work at least 32 hours a week or more. Benefits include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life: Short Term & Long Term Disability, 403(b) retirement plan with generous employer match and Paid Time Off.
Additional benefits for Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Dentists, Psychiatric Providers include: Relocation Assistance, Performance Incentive Plan, Retention Bonus Plan, NHSC Loan Repayment, Malpractice Wrap-Around Policy, CME Reimbursement & CME Pay, DEA Certificate Renewal, NCCPA & OMBA License Renewal
· Graduate of accredited medical school (DO, MD, PA, NP), and board licensure or eligibility for licensure
· Must be professionally insurable
· Previous administrative experience (preferred), OR
· In practice for a minimum of two years, with a strong interest in administrative and leadership responsibilities (required)
· Experience or certification in Continuous Process Improvement is required
· LEAN methodology training and certification is desired
· Knowledge of Quality Metrics related to Primary Care Medical Homes, Joint Commission, and/or HRSA is desired
· Must be team-oriented with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and collaborative decision making abilities
· Must possess a valid Oregon driver's license and proof of automobile insurance, or the ability to obtain
See required qualifications