Newport Healthcare nurtures the physical, psychological, social, educational, and spiritual needs of adolescents and their families, from a foundation of compassionate care, clinical expertise, and unconditional love. Our primary mission is to empower teens and restore families. Experts include medical directors, psychiatrists, therapists, registered dietitians, nurses, licensed social workers, teachers, and more.
Newport Healthcare offers free training in areas such as DBT, EMDR, ABFT and more!
Under the supervision of the Clinical Director, the Primary Therapist conducts assessments, develops and executes treatment plans, facilitates individual, family, and group therapy, and provides clinical support to the program as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
•The average may fluctuate dependent upon staffing and census.
• Facilitate individual, family, and group therapies as assigned.
• Complete risk assessment and initial safety plan upon admission.
• Complete biopsychosocial assessment within 72 hours of admission.
• Complete client treatment plan within 7 days of admission.
• Provide intervention and milieu management as needed.
• Provide progress updates to parents.
• Conduct risk or crisis assessments and provide crisis intervention/management as needed.
• Timely completion of documentation (may include assessments, treatment plans, progress and group notes, discharge summary) according to established standards.
• Attend weekly treatment team meetings, staff meetings and clinical supervision.
Master’s Degree in counseling, psychology, social work, or related field required. Doctorate degree preferred.
• License-eligible in Marriage Family Therapy, Counseling, Psychology, or Social Work is required in the state in which you are applying.
• Minimum 1 years’ experience with individuals and group with children and adolescents
• Willingness to be trained, supervised and provide services within the framework of Attachment Based Family Therapy
• Training or experience in trauma-informed treatment preferred.
Newport Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Newport Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Newport Healthcare is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process please email [email protected] for assistance.