The Opportunity Everyone deserves a home, and a family, where they are valued, cared for and supported to live their most independent and fulfilling lives. All of the Macdonald Residence residents (family members) have specific needs and often a history of behavioral health and addictions challenges.
As the Director of Clinical & Behavioral Care at Macdonald Residence, you will have the opportunity to create programs that integrate to address the full range of needs residents have. You will be a part of taking a long-standing culture, with many strengths, to the next level in terms of trauma-informed care and health equity. You will be supported by caring and competent individuals that are passionate about the Macdonald Residence family.
At Macdonald Residence, we do things a bit differently. What would it really be like to be the Director of Clinical & Behavioral Care at Macdonald Residence? You, like us, believe relationships are at the heart of everything you do. You thrive on the variety of tasks, areas of responsibility, and types of people and personalities you get to interact with and support as part of your job. When you begin your position with us, you will have a variety of programs and services to better understand and draw from as you create your own vision of what trauma-informed, integrated care looks like. As you vision, in partnership with organizational leadership and staff, you will create programs and staffing positions. As your visions become reality, each day looks a little bit different – on Monday you may be meeting with the nursing team to carry out a continuous improvement process related to behavior management. On Tuesday you may get pulled into a game of Farkle with residents. You amaze your colleagues with your ability to be just as comfortable with clinical and behavioral protocols as you are celebrating the work anniversary of a front line staff member. You are unflustered by change and love the collaborative environment that also gives you autonomy in managing the wide range of duties you have.
This is what the job looks like in detail:
● Mission Development and Integration
● Engage with Executive Leadership Team to create and articulate a vision and mission for Macdonald Residence in alignment with the Maybelle Center
● Working with the Executive Leadership Team, explore and support ways to more fully integrate the mission into the daily culture via communication tools, employee recognition and other approaches. Program Management & Development
● Provide oversight and management of programmatic services and overarching foci of programming within facility. Coordinate and monitor adequate and appropriate staffing, and productivity standards.
● Develop a comprehensive training plan focused on the spread of trauma informed care, mental health/addiction treatment concepts and responding to agitated residents for the organization.
● Be a liaison to and coordinate with partnering agencies and programs as they relate to physical and mental health for community residents. Explore opportunities to develop on site services from partnering agencies that complement the clinical program.
● Establishing standard practices around resident’s involvement in mental health and/or addiction treatment -including potential on site delivery of treatment (groups, space for individual sessions)
● Create and continuously improve systems to receive and process resident referrals in a timely way, including screening and assessment of resident needs and available supportive services
● Create and continuously improve systems to carry out effective, measurable, and integrated treatment planning, including engagement with providers not on site at the facility
● Evaluate, establish, and/or revise crisis management policies & procedures, including providing appropriate debriefs and support for staff and residents when there are incidents that create broader disturbances than just interpersonal conflicts
● Monitor compliance with facility policies and procedures, OAR’s, and contractual requirements.
● Develop and implement additional policies and procedures as needed to ensure effective operations. Supervisory Responsibilities
● Supervises employees, including scheduling, training, approving overtime, assigning work, hiring, evaluating performance, counseling, administering discipline and terminating employment.
● Responsible for the direct supervision of the Resident Services Manager
● Responsible for the direct supervision of the Nursing Services Manager
● Responsible for the indirect supervision of all staff providing, clinical, behavioral, addictions and residential life services. Operational Excellence
● Ensure that program services and operations are practiced according to the highest professional and ethical standards.
● Create and support an environment of trauma-informed continuous improvement and accountability.
● Maintain systems to ensure compliance with regulations, licensures, and contractual stipulations.
● Ensure all policies, procedures and expected practices are implemented, maintained, and followed. Financial Management
● Participate in the preparation and monitoring of program budgets and assist in developing and monitoring of financial reports
● Participate in the design and implementation of reporting mechanisms that address program outcomes and assure the most effective and efficient use of resources.
As an Employee and member of the leadership team fo Macdonald Residence, you will be expected to:
● Support a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents' families, visitors, and staff.
● Protect privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to the resident, employee, residence, company information and records.
● Maintain a safe and secure working environment and practice safe working habits.
● Have a desire and ability to work with a diverse population
● Demonstrate commitment to advancing equity, diversity, and inclusion within Macdonald Residence and our city
● Highly reliable, with a strong work ethic
● Assists with projects as assigned and performs other related duties.
● This is a salaried position that requires a flexible schedule
● There are on call responsibilities with this position
● Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen
● Must be able to pass background Oregon Department of Human Services background check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The environment is characteristic of a facility in which healthcare is provided to the frail elderly. The noise level is usually moderate. Changes During COVID: As an assisted living facility that provides 24/7 care for residents, most staff positions are required to be onsite.
Macdonald Residence is highly committed to maintaining a COVID free environment. Working remotely can be arranged as is reasonable in order to carry out the responsibilities of this position. Macdonald Residence has a robust COVID-19 protocol in place that includes the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), sanitization regimens and other activities to assure appropriate social distancing. All staff are tested for COVID-19 on a monthly basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhausted list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
How to apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to Michelle LaFollette, Interim Administrator - [email protected] Employment with Macdonald Residence is a co-employment situation with Mennonite Services NW and Resource Management Inc. which are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Multiple Option 401(k) Retirement Plans
Flexible Benefits Spending Account (Cafeteria 125)
Group Medical and Dental Insurance (100% of premium paid by employer)
Group Life Insurance
Investment Assistance Program (IAP)
Required skills, abilities and education:
● Master’s Degree in healthcare or human services field
● Strong preference for LCSW must have a license allowing independent mental health and addiction services (LPC, LMFT, LCSW)
● Minimum three years management experience
● Minimum five years of experience in behavioral health and/or addictions treatment
● Assisted Living Facility Administrator’s license or willingness to obtain within six months of hire
● Technically capable – experienced with various computer applications, can easily learn new functions, able to help staff with core office applications. Extensive Word and Excel experience required.
● True relationship-builder, with excellent interpersonal skills
● Is a leader (be proactive, take initiative, think independently)
● Simultaneously, can take direction, and can collaborate with others
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Adaptability and ability to embrace transitions. Creativity in problem solving in a high energy environment.