Mental Health Manager – North Service Area
Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better health.
In the Mental Health Manager role, you will manage the Mental Health staff or Addiction Medicine staff, including all clinical roles (AC’s), prescriber or medical staff operational needs, coordinating with RN and MA roles/responsibilities, managing daily operations and coordinating regional services per assigned coverage duties and department alignment. You will participate with and assist the Mental Health or Addiction Medicine Regional Director, the Leadership Team, and the Chief of the Mental Health Department or Addiction Medicine Department in Program Development, Strategic Planning, and Operations leadership as per assigned department alignment. You will also partner with the Medical Director to facilitate a successful team functioning in your respective service area. In addition, you will provide high quality mental health or addiction medicine clinical services to Kaiser Permanente members in a cost-effective manner and in accordance with the accepted professional practice standards.
- At least five years of clinical experience
- At least three years of supervision of professional staff
- At least three years of team or program management experience
- At least two years of experience working in an integrated health care setting or integrated health insurance organization
- At least six years of clinical experience preferred
- A master’s degree in the mental health field or higher; Ph.D in mental health field preferred
- A current, unrestricted license in the state where job is assigned: Oregon Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Psychologist (PhD or PsyD)
- Washington Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) or Licensed Advanced Social Worker (LASW) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) or Licensed Psychologist (PhD or PsyD)
- Will need to acquire dual licensure within 12 months of hire
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) prior to employment start date
- CADC 3 (as per alignment with Addiction Medicine Department)
- Thorough knowledge of major Mental Health therapeutic modalities or Addiction Medicine modalities (in alignment with department assignment) and working knowledge of integrated medical and psychotherapy care of patients
- Thorough and working knowledge of clinical supervision, organizational development, quality management technology, continuous quality improvement methods, and professional standards regarding confidentiality and ethical behavior
- The ability to access and provide diagnostic skills for diverse clinical population, provide direct clinical care utilizing various modalities of treatment (i.e. individual, couple, family, group therapy), and manage a large volume of patients
- Demonstrated leadership, supervision, and team building skills
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- The ability to travel between multiple sites
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 919133.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers