The Membership Coordinator performs a variety of tasks that help ensure a positive experience for members, volunteers, and donors. Duties include connecting with members, supporting Chapters, and providing support for the office and Health Care for All Oregon’s general activities.
Part-Time 20 hours per week, some flexibility as to hours and location, but need to attend certain meetings (mostly via Zoom) and sometimes work in our Portland office location.
The Membership Coordinator’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work to recruit and retain members
- Assist Chapters with technical needs and support around community engagement
- Coordinate with volunteers on database and email client needs
- Contact lapsed donors and provide an opportunity to renew membership
- Attend monthly membership committee meetings and other meetings as needed
- Other engagement with members as needed
- Contact (by email and phone) donors, including those whose credit card transactions have failed
- Log, code, and manually process donations (credit card, cash, checks)
- Review & update transactions received on-line
- Prepare donor acknowledgments (for manually processed transactions) and the annual statement of giving for all donors
- Provide other information to members and donors as needed
Meeting & Event Support Assistance
- Track receipt & acknowledgments and do other organizing/preparation as needed
- Contact volunteers as requested
- Prepare and package materials for meetings and/or events including materials for distribution
- Attend events and assist as needed
- Collect, enter, track and report on information related to volunteers or potential volunteers
- Assist with volunteer recruitment as needed, including assisting chapters/committees with needs
- Help volunteers as needed
- Create a welcoming environment
- Website updating
- Prepare mailings and shipments as needed
- In-house print production as needed
- Do data entry as needed
- Prepare regularly scheduled reports
- Pulling database query information and/or reports upon request or per pre-established schedules
- Update database with cleanup/corrections
- Compile reports in Excel or Word as needed
- Organize and maintain files including document files and database information
- Maintain contact lists
This is a non-exempt position supervised by the Executive Director. Work may be performed in-office, remotely, and occasionally on-site at events. Location and schedule offer some flexibility.
This part-time job offers a health insurance stipend, generous holiday, sick, and vacation pay; and enrollment in the OregonSaves retirement plan.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Similar experience, especially working with membership and/or volunteers
- Proficient computer user with experience using software like MS Office, Windows, and Adobe Acrobat, databases, websites, Zoom, etc.
- Ability to work independently
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Comfortable with routinely shifting demands and ability to multi-task
- Competency in both written and verbal communication methods
- Ability to work as part of a small team, including with members, and volunteers
- Exhibits a passion for HCAO’s mission
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree or lived experience
- Some Spanish language proficiency
You want health justice. Your schedule is such that a part-time job is what you want right now, although if you make the job “yours” and you want full-time in the future, the possibility may be there. You know are comfortable with passionate volunteers of all ages and work to solve problems. You’re resourceful but know when to ask for help.
Email your resume (2 pages maximum) with 3 references and a cover letter that addresses the following:
1. Why you are a strong candidate for this position?
2. How do you meet the desired qualifications?
Submit your complete application materials (resume, references, and cover letter) via e-mail provided with the subject line Membership Coordinator to [email protected]
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only candidates moving forward in the process will be contacted.
References will not be checked until after a positive first interview
The position is open until filled.