The Executive Director (ED) reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and strategic objectives. Provides leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carries out plans and policies authorized by the Board.Leadership (25%):
- Facilitate and participate with the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization
- Ensures governance structure facilitates effective organizational leadership and Board engagement
- Fosters organizational growth through strategic planning and execution
- Maintains a collaborative approach with the Board, Member Directors and external partners
- Effectively maintains stability and leads in ambiguous and continuously changing environment
- Identify, assess and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect D3
- Act as an advisor to the Board of Directors on all aspects of the organization’s activities
- Act as a spokesperson for D3, maintains externally focused relationships and represent D3 at community activities to enhance the community profile
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of D3’s program and services
- Ensure the programs and services offered contribute to D3’s mission and reflect the priorities of the Board
- Partners and develops the Quality Plan and ensures objectives are achieved
- Services across community providers are aligned and coordinated to promote a system of care
- Develop a plan to address gaps in care or access to preventive services for specific populations
- Utilizes data informed decision making and ensures data infrastructure and reports provide ongoing insight to ensure quality, competencies, monitoring and evaluation
- Oversee the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of new initiatives, opportunities and special projects
- Develop, oversees and maintains an operational plan which incorporates goals, objectives and key deliverables that work toward the strategic plan and direction of the organization
- Ensure the operations of the organization meet the expectations of its partners and Board
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operations of the organization, including contracted partners
- Draft policies for approval by the Board and develop procedures to implement the organizational policies; review policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate
- Maintain official records and documents and ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
- Provide support to the Board and organizational infrastructure by preparing meeting agenda and supporting materials
- Monitor the day-to-day delivery of the programs and services to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Identification of key metrics and ongoing monitoring and evaluation of operations
- Develop multiple methods to communicate with all stakeholders and staff to keep them informed of the work of the organization
- Establish strong working relationships and collaborative agreements with community groups and organizations
- Use external presence and relationships to promote D3’s successes and create new opportunities
- Develops and maintains a communications plan for multiple audiences; includes operational, technical, strategic and promotional
- Work with the Board to prepare an annual budget and to secure adequate funding for the operations of the organization
- Administer the approved budget ensuring sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed
- Approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Board
- Provide the Board with comprehensive, regular financial reports
- Research grants and other funding opportunities and develops proposals
- Ensures systems and processes are in place to support financial decision making
- Develops and maintains the written policies and procedures for accounting, finances, reporting, and billing/reconciliation.
- Determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery; the organization is structured and staffed to achieve the goals
- Develops and oversees human resources policies, procedures and practices
- Recruit, interview and select staff that have the right technical and interpersonal abilities to support D3’s mission
- Ensure that all staff and contractors receive and orientation and that the appropriate training is provided. Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance
Fully paid health insurance, paid time off
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Advanced degree, ideally in Public Health or Business, with at least 10 years of progressively responsible management experience, preferably including community non-profit leadership role
Prior experience that show executed growth of an organization and/or larger projects and initiatives
Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
Strong interpersonal skills and leadership related to collaboration, engagement and relationships management
Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high- performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
Past success working with a Board of Directors.
Strong marketing and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning through the development of ideas and creation
Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
Oral health and/or Oregon Medicaid experience preferred