The Coalition of Community Health Clinics (CCHC) is seeking a Health Equity Manager to join our diverse team. This position will help our 17 member health clinics strengthen their health equity and emergency preparedness work, and build relationships with BIPOC organizations to support strategies that reduce health disparities. 36 hours/week, $52,000-$58,000 FTE.
The Coalition of Community Health Clinics (CCHC) is a network of 17 community health clinics dedicated to improving healthcare for vulnerable populations in the Portland metropolitan area. CCHC member clinics support the health and well-being of all community members, and particularly those that have historically lacked access to comprehensive health care.
CCHC improves clinical care and reduces health disparities by building the capacity of community health clinics, promoting health equity, providing supportive services, and fostering collaboration through shared learning and advocacy. Our goal is to ensure high-quality health care for every Portland area resident regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, language, income, insurance eligibility, or immigration status. The COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated profound inequities and underscores the need to focus our health equity work in culturally specific communities.
About the Position
We are seeking a Health Equity Manager to support the health of Black, Indigenous, and people of culture (BIPOC) and other impacted communities, focusing on CCHC’s health equity and emergency preparedness programs. This position will help health clinics strengthen their health equity and emergency preparedness work; build and strengthen relationships between organizations that are working directly with BIPOC communities and safety net health clinics that serve them; and advance long term health equity strategies to strengthen resilience and reduce health disparities
The Health Equity Manager will support our clinic members’ immediate needs and long term plans by focusing on our clinics' health equity and emergency preparedness strategies. This position will build and strengthen the relationships between safety net health clinics and BIPOC communities while developing strategies to eliminate health disparities.
The person in this position will have an active role in shaping how to advance the objectives, so should be comfortable with shaping a program rather than following a template. The person will also be joining the organization during a time of transition, so should be comfortable with change and the opportunity to help shape and strengthen the organization moving forward. Position reports to Executive Director.
Develop and manage partnerships
- Manage Healthier Together, CCHC’s health clinic equity learning collaborative, to build the capacity of member clinics to improve access to culturally and linguistically responsive care. Coordinate meetings that foster collaborative learning and best practice sharing; support trainings; and build a sustainable cohort of peers.
- Develop strong and trusting partnerships with BIPOC organizations and other marginalized communities to enhance the ability of health clinics to support their health equity strategies. Focus areas may include food insecurity, housing, and access to health insurance.
- Collaborate with CCHC’s Health & Housing Coordinator and Community Health Navigator to share resources and connect housing and system navigation to health equity efforts.
- Research best practices and resources in areas such as organizational equity, supporting BIPOC staff, and patient advisory boards.
Coordinate emergency preparedness program
in partnership with Emergency Preparedness Technical Advisor
- Convene emergency preparedness staff from safety-net clinics throughout the region to share best practices and learnings.
- Support community clinics and BIPOC organizations in distributing PPE and developing and implementing an equitable and culturally responsive COVID-19 vaccine strategy.
- Work with stakeholders to identify and address inequities in emergency preparedness response and preparedness within the region
- Assist in development and implementation of after-action reports for CCHC and safety net clinics during COVID-19 and other incidents
- Coordinate culturally appropriate emergency preparedness trainings.
- Maintain CCHC’s emergency preparedness website to provide information and resources needed to be prepared for emergencies.
Health Equity Reporting
- Work with staff and interns to develop CCHC’s Annual Report and share key findings to clinic members, decision-makers, and community partners.
- Collect and analyze annual and quarterly data from clinics, including on race/ ethnicity, income, and gender.
- Manage program-related grants and contracts and ensure grant objectives are met.
- Work with the Executive Director and staff to support deepening and advancing equity work within the organization, including research on trainings and discussions about organizational equity.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Health, dental, life, and long-term disability benefits; employer IRA contribution (2% of salary); paid holiday vacation and sick leave
- 4+ years of experience developing and executing equity programs.
- 4+ years of experience in health care, public health, social work, or other field that focuses on health disparities.
- Ability to forge strong and collaborative relationships with a wide variety of people, including staff, clinic members, and partners.
- Lived or other significant experience working with BIPOC, low-income, immigrant, refugee, disability or other impacted community.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion, and social justice work, and ability to engage in and facilitate conversations around racial justice.
- Strategic, creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Ability to balance and maintain flexibility around multiple priorities.