The research associate provides high-level professional analytic support in research activities at the Center for Health Systems Effectiveness (CHSE). The Center is devoted to transforming health systems through actionable cross-disciplinary and collaborative research. This position will lead the ongoing development and maintenance of CHSE’s analytic and data management systems.
Major components of the work include:
- Management of large databases which include health insurance claims from Medicare, Medicaid, commercial carriers from multiple states, and state administrative datasets.
- Management and development of validation processes to ensure data quality.
- Building out and automating various Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes across the center.
- Coordination and problem solving with Center staff in order to understand needed support and use cases.
- Develop innovative solutions to fill gaps in analytics.
- Active contribution to the review of working practices and the development of data analysis and management standard operating procedures.
- Perform other research related duties as assigned.
Fully-benefited position (medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, time off)
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience (with Master’s degree) or 5 years’ relevant experience (with Bachelor’s degree).
- Experience with large relational database administration.
- Proficiency in R/Python or other scripting language.
- Experience working with ETL processes.
- Interest in public health or issues relevant to health services research and health program/policy evaluation.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making decisions and maintain thorough documentation of the decision-making proces.
- Exemplary communication skills and ability to effectively communicate complicated processes to diverse audiences within and outside OHSU.
- Strong commitment to rigorous research methods, objectivity and accuracy of findings, and reproducibility of results.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree with major courses in a technical field