General Position Summary
Planning, supervision, and direct implementation of nursing services for people with developmental disabilities.
Salary: $60.00 per hour
On Call: $25.00 per day and $50.00 per weekend day when on call.
Location: All CCS Group Homes - Salem, Albany, Woodburn, Mt. Angel and Woodburn
1. Two years’ experience in the field of developmental disabilities desired
2. Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of Oregon with no restrictions
3. High School Diploma/GED
4. Current certification in CPR and First Aid or ability to obtain certification within 30 days of employment
5. Certificate for the RN Delegation self-test
6. Valid Oregon driver’s license with a driving record that permits coverage under the agency’s corporate auto liability policy, personal automobile liability insurance, and personal transportation
7. Be able to lift up to 65 pounds for a total of up to 130 pounds in a two-person lift
8. Follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures to promote a safe work environment at all times.
Essential Position Functions and Key Work Processes
1. Provide nursing care, such as administering medications, personal care activities, g-tube feedings etc. as required for customer care.
2. Coordinate care for customers who are aging and have increased medical needs
3. Monitor the health care needs of customers with nurse/patient relationships.
4. Delegate nursing tasks as assigned to unlicensed persons according to the Oregon State Board of Nursing Nurse Practice Act. Ensure appropriate documentation of instructions and/or training.
5. Periodically observe and evaluate the skills and abilities of staff to perform authorized nursing duties.
6. Responsible for the instruction and mentoring of staff medication administration and documentation.
7. Remain available during assigned hours (scheduled shift or on-call pager) to staff for customer medical advice for customers who have nurse/patient relationships
8. Relate to customers in a continuous, consistent, warm, caring, age-appropriate manner.
9. Respond appropriately to immediate or urgent or emergent customer needs, such as injuries and illness and provide or obtain assistance as needed.
10. Document, review, and report any medical needs, significant incidents and other customer related information on approved forms and/or in specified electronic locations.
11. Review customer medication administration records for accuracy and completeness.
12. Complete medication error report to be turned in monthly to the Regional Director.
13. Adhere to all county and state regulations.
14. Maintain a nursing care plan that must be updated no less than every 60 days.
15. Maintain and review medical notes as required. Maintain an annual nursing assessment for each customer with a nurse/patient relationship.
16. Make appointments or discuss medical concerns as needed with health care providers (physicians, dentists, physical therapy, occupational therapy speech therapy, orthotics, dietician and other therapies etc.).
17. Consult with the pharmacy on medication management.
18. Accompany staff to customer doctor appointments as needed.
19. Conduct in-service trainings to staff as needed.
20. Complete 12 hours of work-place training per calendar year as required by Catholic Community Services.
21. Attend and actively participate in agency and customer related meetings and during in-service training opportunities.
Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of Oregon with no restrictions
Oregon RN License