Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential. When you join Kerr, you become part of a team motivated to provide innovative and excellent programs, services and care.
We're seeking an Accounting and Internal Controls Manager to join our Accounting and Finance team. As our Accounting and Internal Controls Manager you will oversee the daily management of accounting staff and full-cycle accounting activities, support our monthly close and reconciliation review processes, maintain internal controls and participate with financial audits.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including:
.monthly, quarterly and annual accounting processes
.cash receipts and payments
.revenue and expenditure variance analysis
.fixed asset activity
- Support the monthly close process to ensure all activities and journal entries are completed in a timely manner in accordance with a predetermined close calendar.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data.
- Produce accurate and timely financial reports and statements.
- Review account reconciliations to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
- Develop, implement and maintain a system of internal controls to ensure financial reporting is in compliance with policies and US GAAP.
- Coordinate and complete annual financial audits including preparation of audit records, participation in audit interviews and implementation of corrective action in response to audit recommendations.
- Supervise accountants and administrative staff.
- Provide and implement recommendations to improve systems and procedures.
- Maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions.
- Ensure policies manuals and desk procedures are reviewed and updated on an annual basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Paid medical, dental, and vision employee benefits
- Paid basic life & accident insurance and short- & long-term disability
- Paid internal training and career development
- 7 paid holidays and generous time off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that provides resources for everything from mental health to pet insurance and financial counselling
- Satisfies employment requirement for student loan Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF)
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting that includes progressive responsibilities for GAAP audits, internal controls, general ledger maintenance, and financial reporting and analysis
- Non-profit accounting experience a plus
- Proven success in managing accounting or audit staff
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting
- Strong proficiency in Excel and accounting software (Blackbaud preferred)
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills, as well as the ability to effectively multi-task
- Strong problem-solving skills and work ethic
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- CPA licensure required
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance