Are you looking for a career where you can have a positive, direct impact on the lives of individuals in the community - If you are looking for a caring, encouraging work environment - LOOK NO FURTHER, COME JOIN OUR DEDICATED TEAM!
Addictions Recovery Center (ARC) in Medford, Oregon is a private, non-profit health agency providing care in southern Oregon for nearly 50 years. Our services include detox & sobering services, residential addiction treatment, transition housing, outpatient care, and mental health services. ARC is seeking a full-time qualified Certified Recovery Mentor team leader to join our professional treatment organization.
Candidates must self-identify as a person in recovery and work full time as part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary team providing emotional and informational support to clients receiving Substance Use Disorder (SUD) treatment services in a variety of settings including, but not limited to: outpatient, criminal justice, jail, and probation system, initial/engagement SUD service access, and medication assisted treatment. This work is often fast-paced and emergent and must be provided with a sensitive and trauma informed approach, utilizing evidence-based services and referrals compatible with the philosophy and theory of recognized Peer Support models and Addictions Recovery Center Core Values. As such, this position must have the ability to provide services with a work schedule that includes weekends and various shifts, is required.
- ***$1,500.00 sign-on bonus for the successful candidate (paid in two installments, 50% at three months active employment, remaining 50% at six months active employment).***
- Health, Dental, Life, and LTD benefits (at no cost for employee).
- Additional optional benefits: vision, flexible spending account, etc.
- 401k retirement with employer match & immediate vesting.
- Generous Paid Leave: vacation (17 days), holidays (9 days), sick (9 days), and professional training (20 hours).
- Qualified Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Employer.
Credentials/Skills required include:
- Self-identify as in recovery with the ability to demonstrate sobriety under nonresidential, independent living conditions in the immediate past two years;
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferred;
- Valid CRM certification through MHACBO and/or OHA Peer Support Specialist – Adult Addiction, required; OR the ARC will assist the an otherwise qualified and selected candidate with the THW/CRM certification process;
- Valid driver license and proof of insurance;
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification (or obtain within 90 days of hire)
- Moderate competency in computer use, keyboarding, and MS Office products;
- Ability to gather and assess patient/client information to evaluate needs;
- Knowledge/experience in Motivational Interviewing, a plus;
- Volunteer or other work experience and/or knowledge with community resources, critical;
- Ability to provide skilled, trauma-informed crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques;
- Bilingual/Bicultural, preferred.