We are currently looking for a full-time TMS Intake Coordinator to join our growing team!
Our mental health clinics seek to provide a safe and effective alternative treatment for depression and OCD with transcranial magnetic stimulation, a compelling option for those who have not had success with standard depression treatments like medication and/or psychotherapy. We opened our first clinic in NW Portland in 2017 and have rapidly grown to six locations across the Portland metro and greater Willamette Valley.
We are deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity and inclusiveness and seek to create a pluralistic community for all staff. Active Recovery TMS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The TMS Intake Coordinator is the first point of contact for new patients at Active Recovery TMS medical clinics. TMS Intake Coordinators perform initial consultations, coordinate referrals, facilitate insurance authorizations and qualify potential patients. This position is responsible for bringing new patients into the clinic, with intake and treatment goals being a critical success measurement. This is a non-exempt full-time position of 5 days/40 hours per week and requires availability Monday through Saturday.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Act as the first point of contact for prospective patients
- Qualify potential patients utilizing the ARTMS medical screening process
- Obtain and coordinate referrals from hospitals, doctor offices, and insurance companies, verifies and documents insurance benefits with third party payors.
- Coordinate with clinical staff to facilitate insurance authorizations between payor and agency
- Schedule appointments and perform data entry using company’s EHR & CRM Systems
- Meet or exceed new patient and treatment goals
Experience, Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or related field, or equivalent combination of education
- Experience in a mental health setting required
- Experience in handling pre-authorization requests, appeals, scheduling appointments, and patient data entry using CRM & EHR systems preferred
- Dedication to patient care
- Demonstrated professional behavior and good client relationships with the ability to maintain confidentiality within a work setting
- Attention to detail, an ability to learn quickly, manage multiple priorities and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Understanding of current HIPAA laws is a plus
- Telemarketing, inside sales, and outbound call experience a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
Salary: $18.00/hour plus opportunity to earn bonus incentives