Tort Reform Will Raise its Head Next Year
Oregon Health Policy Board appoints a 15-member medical liability task force
March 10, 2010 – Tort reform is definitely coming back to the 2011 Oregon Legislature. That message came loud and clear when the Oregon Health Policy Board appointed a 15-member task force on March 9.
“We want both sides represented,” said Dr. Chuck Hofmann, who led the charge to create the medical liability task force. “It’s a cooperative effort.”
J. Michael Alexander, a Salem trial attorney, will co-chair the task force along with Dr. Joseph Siemienczuk, chief medical officer with Providence Medical Group in Beaverton.
Task force members include:
- Rick Bennett, government relations, with AARP
- Dr. Peter Bernardo, a general surgeon in Salem
- Jeffrey Bildstein, vice president of Western Litigation, Inc.
- Janet Billups, an attorney who represents Oregon Health & Science University
- Jim Dameron, executive director of the Oregon Patient Safety Commission
- Dr. Craig Fausel, president and CEO of The Oregon Clinic
- Scott Gallant with Gallant Policy Advisors, Inc.
- Dr. Robert Holland, a medical examiner in Grant County
- Josephine Mooney, an attorney who directs risk management at Sacred Heart Medical Center
- Laura Potter, district executive director with the American Cancer Society
- Dr. Christoffer Poulsen, with Eugene Emergency Physicians and Sacred Heart Medical Center
- Mark Stevenson, president and CEO of Capital Pacific Bank, and
- Lawrence Wobbrock, a trial attorney in Portland.
Mar 10 2010