Looking for work in healthcare and need some tools and tips? Need information on furthering your education to advance your career? Health Hires has created this resource page for employers, recruiters, and job seekers to share resources related to healthcare careers. To submit a link for consideration, please contact our project manager here.
Detailed comparisons of nursing school degrees and programs
Website for the Oregon Center for Nursing, which facilitates research and collaboration for Oregon’s nursing workforce to support informed, well-prepared, diverse and exceptional nursing professionals.
Oregon Health and Science University's School of Nursing website
Medical Assistant Careers
General information on launching a career as a medical assistant
Public Health Careers
- General information about the public health field: http://www.publichealthonline.org/
- Guide to public health degree programs
- Guide to online public health programs
- Guide to the master's degree in public health (MPH): http://www.publichealthonline.org/degree-programs/masters/
- Guide to pre-professional work experience: http://www.publichealthonline.org/pre-professional-experience/
On Curricula Vitae and Resume Writing
- A primer on writing a curricula vitae: http://www.newphysician.com/articles/how_to_cv_1.html
- An explanation of the differences between resumes and CVs: http://writingcenter.unc.edu/handouts/curricula-vitae-cvs-versus-resumes/